Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Books

1. What first caught my eye with this cover was the color choice, because it reminds me 3D glasses, which are really bright colors that I think go well together, especially with white. But I also thought it was an interesting cover since the background is colorful, bright, and also very clean and minimal, and then there's a black and white photo of a woman as the focal point. It creates a strong contrast between the realistic and abstract, as well as the colorful and monotone.


2. I guess I chose this cover because I've always liked 50's newspaper lettering, and it's cool that you can see a crease through Winchell's face, which makes it seem more like a vintage newspaper. I also like the simplicity and the black background. 


3. This cover was just funny to me. I like the how everything seems pretty perfect with the nuclear family mother and daughter, and the subtitle is "Through Guilt and Manipulation."It's a good contrast contrast between perfect and kind of evil. 


4. For this cover, I like how well it connects to the book title, though I don't really know what the book is like. The book is called The Art of Immersion, and the cover has a strong sense of immersion since it is very three dimensional. The repeated lines make it feel like I actually am being immersed in the book. 


5. This is possibly my favorite cover, mainly because of how abstract it is while still representing the book well. This is also the only one these books I have read. But the each character's last name is a color in the book, except for the protagonist, which each of the colored rectangles represent. But it's also cool how the rectangles make up a hand. 





5 comments:

  1. "Through Guilt and Manipulation" had a really fun book cover to look at and it reminds me of sexism back in the day because women were seen as a sex that was weaker and more naive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "The Art of Immersion" book cover is my favorite out of the five books covers that you chose because the design is aesthetically pleasing and it immediately caught my eye. I also love how it's 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the last one represents a hand, I didnt even think about that. I want to read this now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover for "The Art of Immersion" because it caught my eye. I like how it looks like an optical illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like "The Art of Immersion" book cover because of its 3D design and the black and white contrast makes the cover simple but also interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete