Thursday, March 12, 2015

School of Rock Logo


1. The most challenging part of creating this logo for me was tranlating the draft that I hand drew to Illustrator. I made the design have a lot of details, and I'm not really that experienced with Illustrator yet so it took a lot more time than I hoped. To get a product I was content with I tried to simlify the logo as much as possible while also keeping the main idea, which was a man shouting School of Rock. I also worked on making the typeface a little more complex so that all of the logo didn't seem too basic.

2. I think the most succesful part of my logo design is that it is very clean and represents the club well. I think the composition is a little unorthodox, but I like that because I think it fits the theme of rock music well, since it usually is about not being normal. And even with an asymmetrical composition there isn't anything that I feel looks out of place. Overall I think I did a pretty good job at meeting myself half way and making a logo that looks like it took a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment